A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our employees are our greatest asset and part of what makes us strong and successful.
Interested in challenging and innovative work? Excited about teamwork and collaboration? Wanting to join a growing company with solid roots in British Columbia's construction industry?
We are always on the look out for the best talent and brightest stars focused on commitment and dedication. If this sounds like you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch!
Check Out Our Available Jobs
Welder/Fabricator/Installer - Full time, Permanent
This position will assist with welding and installation of standard and custom structural steel projects in the field.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms
- Job task planning and organizing
- Promote and demonstrate a safe work environment.
- Prepare materials prior to assembly
- Rig, hoist, align and secure steel by bolting or welding methods
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment for fuse metal segments using these processes: flux cred arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and stick welding
- Work with crane operators and understand crane signals
The ideal candidate will have CWB SMAW/FCAW all position ticket combined with 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry working with Structural Steel and demonstrate a high degree of initiative. Welding experience is an asset. You must have a valid driver’s license, a clean Safe Drivers abstract, and the ability to lift items in excess of 50 lbs. You must be reliable and punctual, with excellent communication and team-based interpersonal skills. You will be required to work outdoors in various weather conditions and must be comfortable working at heights with power tools. Employees must supply their own hard hat and work boots. Canada Scaffold Supply will supply all safety gear.
Please email your interest to email@example.com.
Scaffold Erector/Supervisor - Full time, Permanent
This position will assist with scaffold installation and dismantling as well general labour duties in a service-oriented, fast-paced environment.
You have a high school diploma, are mechanically inclined, and demonstrate a high degree of initiative. You are physically fit, a motivated self-starter who is able to follow directions, work well with others and contribute positively to a team environment. You are reliable and punctual at all times, with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and are able to work with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will be required to work outdoors and must be comfortable working at heights. You must have a valid driver’s license and present a clean drivers abstract, demonstrate the ability to safely drive automatic and standard transmissions vehicles. You will need to supply your own hard hat and work boots; Canada Scaffold will supply all personal protective equipment.
- Assisting with the installation/dismantling of scaffolding
- Driving, delivering and picking up orders from job sites
- Shop work, cleaning and maintaining equipment along with preparing orders
- Writing up contracts, labor reports, toolbox meetings, safe work procedures and fall protection plans
- Promote and demonstrate a safe work environment
- Work closely with engineers
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.Inquire About This Position
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Clerk
You will provide world-class service to customers regarding payment of their overdue account balances. This role involves building rapport with our customers by understanding their situation and providing solutions for them.
- Develop rapport and professional relations with customers to promote healthy payment strategies and ensure customer satisfaction
- Schedule and follow up with customers to ensure that commitments are met
- Make and receive collections calls to assess and resolve overdue accounts
- Assess and negotiate solutions for the purpose of bringing accounts up to date
- Take and process payment transactions
- Coordinate with the Sales, Finance and senior management when necessary to accelerate the resolution of outstanding and aging account issues
- Prepare accounts for potential transfer to Legal and/or Collections
- Prepare a weekly progress report detailing client status for senior management
- Ensure accuracy of customer information by maintaining computerized notes
- Additional A/R and/or A/P duties as assigned by Accountant
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- A self-motivated, committed team player; willing to adopt a partnering approach
- Minimum 2 years of Collections experience and industry experience; Preferred knowledge of the construction life cycle
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Accounting software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; First-rate telephone skills
- Confidence in problem solving, negotiating and decision making
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure/demanding timelines
- Ability to follow specific processes and flexibility as appropriate