Need Scaffolding? Call Sam – the Scaffold Man!
Sam and Siranoush Lazarian arrived in Canada as immigrants with hope and a dream. Canada was chosen as a country with freedom and opportunity. Sam and Siranoush recognized that through innovation and keeping an open mind that anything was possible.
On August 26, 1974, this dream became a reality. Canada Scaffold Supply was established, and "Call Sam, the Scaffold Man" became synonymous with honesty, integrity and quality.
Canada Scaffold Supply was born to provide both the commercial and residential markets with engineered scaffold for rent and installation in the Lower Mainland. He started off by selling and renting imported scaffolding from Italy and Germany. Over the next few years, he began to manufacture his own scaffolding equipment, simultaneously developing a line of connectors for wood and concrete construction – CSS Connectors.
Forty-five years later, Canada Scaffold has grown from 5 employees and one location, to over 100 employees and three locations, serving all of British Columbia.
The Second Generation of Canada Scaffold
For Alice and Madlene Lazarian, the daughters of Sam and Siranoush Lazarian, business and personal lives were entwined. The passion they shared for both created the framework – much like scaffolding. In using the analogy of how business is like a family, they recognized what their parents stood for when they fully supported Alice’s and Madlene’s desire to pursue the fields of engineering and business studies.
Alice and Madlene graduated from the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto with degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration. They knew that education was the key to family business continued success – that to be able to deliver the very best products and services to our customers.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2014, Canada Scaffold Supply grew even larger, consolidated all departments under one roof on Mitchell Island (Richmond) and opened branches in Kelowna, serving the Okanagan region, and in Duncan, serving all of Vancouver Island.
The company now rents, sells, installs and manufactures frame and system scaffold, shoring, structural steel and swing stage. In 2016, Canada Scaffold acquired Amazing Stages, an Events Rental company. Today, Canada Scaffold tents, stages, bleachers and fencing can be found at concerts, festivals, graduation ceremonies, parades and more around BC.
Why We Love To Work Here!
- 200,000 sq ft custom-built facility including a spacious modern office, 60,000 sq ft covered outdoor working area, and 60,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Spacious, fully equipped lunch rooms, an on-site free gym with showers/change rooms, an entertainment room with pool, ping pong, and air hockey and a golf simulator!
- A manufacturing facility with state-of-the-art industrial spray booth, three 5 ton overhead cranes, 12 custom welding booths, and a tool & die space.
- A body shop, heavy-duty mechanic, freight elevators, and a full-time caretaker with his own suite.
- Community vegetable gardens that occupy the front of the property, used and enjoyed by all employees.
- An onsite daycare and a-50 seat restaurant (Opening in 2020).
- Educational and Career development opportunities.
Come and Meet Our Team
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead
Meet our team of people, dedicated to serving every customer with honesty, respect and integrity, ensuring safety on the jobsite and focusing on creating value for our community.